For International Bereaved Father’s Day (September 10th 2017) we are creating a short film that will share glimpses into the life and heart of a bereaved father. Although we are just telling the story of one bereaved father we want to show that there are millions more bereaved fathers out there in this world who all have stories to tell. We are looking to feature as many bereaved fathers as possible in our short film through photographs. If you are a bereaved father, step father, grandfather, foster dad, etc we are inviting you to collaborate with us for this film project. We are fortunate enough to have a talented team of creatives volunteering to work on this project with us including Musicians/Composers Damien Greenwood and Jason Schmechtig from Jeenyis Scoring and Film Director Luke Jago. We are eternally grateful for their time and generosity.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE CONSIDERING SENDING THROUGH A SUBMISSION
- This film will be watched all over the world on the internet. Our Bereaved Mother’s Day video was viewed over 1 million times within the first 3 days. We are expecting even more to see this film. So please, if this does not feel right to you, listen to your own intuition on this. Once it is up on the internet, it is there forever.
- The film will not feature politics or religion.
- No money will be made by us or your yourself.
- By emailing your photograph to us you are giving us permission to include your photograph in the film and for any online promotion of International Bereaved Father’s Day.
- Please note that due to the response from our last film project we know we will not be able to include everyone’s picture simply because of the length of the film but we encourage you to submit a photo and share it online on your favourite social media website on our special day.
- There will be subtitles for this film for our deaf community.
We are looking for LANDSCAPE high resolution images of our Dads. We will not be able to use any images lower than 1MB or any photos that are blurry. We are looking to share the everyday life of a bereaved dad in all their different shapes, forms, places and spaces. Have a good think about where you would want to have your photo taken. You are welcome to send a photo through that you already have of yourself and you can also submit one with your child who has died if you feel comfortable. You can submit your images by emailing them to email@example.com. Please let us know your first name and the state/country you live in and the name/s of your children who you hold in your heart. Of course we respect your privacy if you would prefer not to share their name. We also understand that some children were not named for whatever the reason.
PHOTOGRAPH SUBMISSION DUE DATE
Sunday August 20th, 2017
OFFICIAL BEREAVED FATHER’S DAY SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Below are the official social media links for this project. You can join the official event on facebook here.
CarlyMarie’s Social Media
Sam’s Social Media
When sharing your contribution to this project online on social media, please use the hashtags #bereavedfathersday #bereaveddads #whathealsyou so that we can all find each other.
For all media inquires please contact Sam Dudley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Beautiful Dads, We see your resolve, your courage, we imagine your fear and heartache, your joys and sorrows. We are amazed and inspired at your ability to stand so tall and strong when you feel so weak and worn out, but we want you to know it is okay to break down. The reality of parenthood is often brutal. It is a wonderfully, horrible, beautiful, frightening adventure that once embarked on, never comes to an end. We will do our best to create a heart centered, authentic film clip to capture the life of a bereaved father and we hope it will be a legacy of love for the children that you can now only hold in your hearts. Together, let us make them proud and do just that.
CarlyMarie and Sam Dudley